SocialSpark

Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

My skill helps land me jobs.

This guest post from Lewis Beck

There's something to be said for having a resume that features a few things that other candidates don't have. For example, I take a lot of pride in showing off my skill at web design and I try to bring it up in interviews whenever I get the chance. I think employers really appreciate that I know my way around the computer and may be able to facilitate a website upgrade or something of that nature for their company. Most of the people I interview with have no idea what a hosting package is and have never heard of sites like Network Solutions or domainnames.com… I love being able to educate them and surprise them with my wide array of web design knowledge. It was totally worth an extra semester in school to be able to say that I know how to code and build a website from start to finish. I haven't found the perfect job yet but I've certainly landed a few internships based on my computer knowledge alone - at least that's what they tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment